Life Lately

10:23

Hello! So since October I have been completing the final year of my degree...eventually!!! (It feels like I started such a long time ago....well, I actually did!) Anyway, the time has come where I have finally (almost) finished!!!!

Back in October I booked a trip away to Spain for now, knowing that I would be almost done and understandably knackered, because it was the most stressful time ever! I had at least one assessment literally every single week from October until February, I barely had anytime to relax, it was just one assignment after the other but I knew that I just had to get on with it and it wouldn't last forever and now I finally get to enjoy Spain and a bit of freedom!! To be honest, I've still got two extended translation projects due in so I'm not completely finished but once they're handed in, I'm officially DONE.

Well...after I've handed in my projects, I don't have long before my job for the Summer starts and I'll be off abroad so I'm really glad that I've got these two weeks to relax <3

As I write this, I can hear the waves crashing on the beach below the balcony. There's something so relaxing and beautiful about the ocean and just watching the waves. It's the first time that it's stopped raining in the past 2 days and people are definitely making the most of it. The children's play park is filled to bursting as kids burn off their energy which they've inevitably been saving up for the past two days whilst they were stuck in doors, boys are swinging from the lifeguard lookout cabin and couples are walking along the beach side, getting in their exercise for the day.

On my first day here, there was beautiful sunshine! I walked to the marina and got breakfast at a cafe, soaked in glorious sun before heading to the beach to really make the most of the sun, which I have been missing for so long, followed by a refreshing dip in the ocean (my absolute favourite place!) For lunch I munched on juicy tomatoes and salad, sprinkled with feta cheese- it was absolutely heavenly! It felt like I had time-traveled from England's sorry excuse for Spring to beautiful Summer days. I made sure to take some pics on my first day here. Although it's rained the past few days it's been ok because I've tried to get some of my work done, so that I can really make the most of the sunny days, which are due to re-commence from tomorrow onward until further notice (fingers crossed!) So this is what I have to look forward to again! :D







What have you been up to lately? Are you looking forward to Summer?

Victoria

X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. All the best with your final projects!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram