Christmas time in England

05:38

During the Christmas holidays, Ian and I headed back home to England. First of all we went to the North of England, where my family live and straight away we headed for a much-missed country walk with Milo!



It was liberating to breath in the country air and feel the freedom of rolling British hills before us. It was during this walk in fact that I realised how restricting Paris really is. Don't get me wrong, many people adore Paris and even I myself, fell in love with its' charm and beauty but the reality of living in one of the most exclusive cities in the world, on a budget is definitely far from the Parisian dream!

Next up, an Indian was in order!!




We began with poppadoms and dips, followed by onion bajhi's and chicken pakora's, but I was so excited when they came out that I only managed a few blurred pictures so thought I'd skip them and show you straight to the main course. We shared my trusty favourite; chicken tikka masala and a beef and vegetable shashlique with a creamy vegetable sauce, which came out sizzling on a hot stone. We also got vegetable pilau rice and pillowy peshwari naan breads...heaven on a plate!!


It was so good in fact that we ordered a takeaway on Christmas Eve!

Oh how I wish I could be there right now and eat it all again!!

On Christmas day, I prepared the meal single handily! 


Carrots and swede, parsnips, broccoli, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, Yorkshire puddings and turkey of course! ^.^

Followed by banoffee cheesecake, homemade apple crumble and custard, strawberry trifle and chocolate cake!! :P

A few days later, we hopped on a plane down South to Dorset and took full advantage of being by the coast!



Then snuggled up in front of the fire afterwards :)
.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram